12 Aug The image of German brands after the VW diesel deception
The very positive image of German brands in international markets has not been severely affected by the major scandal that shook Germany’s largest automotive conglomerate Volkswagen. As a sign of quality and trust, the perception of “Made in Germany” remains strong and competitive. However, the use of software in millions of diesel cars in order to manipulate the results of emission tests has deeply impacted on the trust in the VW brand in some of the largest automotive markets. Globeone introduces the first substantial survey on the image of German brands in international markets after the VW scandal with reliable data from interviews of 1.500 consumers in China, the U.S., and Germany. The survey highlights the following aspects:
- Image and awareness of the strongest German brands in the U.S., China and Germany
- Correct recognition of the German brand origin
- Strengths and weaknesses analysis of “Made in Germany” and German brands in general
- Analysis of industries in which German brands are regarded as first choice
- Focus on automotive: brand trust and willingness to buy for the top automotive brands
- General relevance of the of country-of-origin (COO) image
Download our study “The image of German brands after VW diesel deception” here
Read more insights from Globeone
Corporate Newsrooms – The organizational foundation for successful communication
If you had talked to communications managers about a “corporate newsroom” five years ago, they ...
Culturally sensitive communication
For the brand communication of globally active companies, it is of decisive importance to take ...
“Purpose-driven transformation” – GLOBEONE at INNOVATIONSTAG 2019 in Munich, Germany
Transformation is everywhere you look - the German economy is in upheaval. The INNOVATIONSTAG i...