12 Aug The image of German brands after the VW diesel deception
German Brands After The VW Diesel Deception
The very positive image of German brands in international markets has not been severely affected by the major scandal that shook Germany’s largest automotive conglomerate Volkswagen. As a sign of quality and trust, the perception of “Made in Germany” remains strong and competitive. However, the use of software in millions of diesel cars in order to manipulate the results of emission tests has deeply impacted on the trust in the VW brand in some of the largest automotive markets. Globeone introduces the first substantial survey on the image of German brands in international markets after the VW scandal with reliable data from interviews of 1.500 consumers in China, the U.S., and Germany. The survey highlights the following aspects:
- Image and awareness of the strongest German brands in the U.S., China and Germany
- Correct recognition of the German brand origin
- Strengths and weaknesses analysis of “Made in Germany” and German brands in general
- Analysis of industries in which German brands are regarded as first choice
- Focus on automotive: brand trust and willingness to buy for the top automotive brands
- General relevance of the of country-of-origin (COO) image
Download our study „The image of German brands after VW diesel deception“ here
Read more insights from Globeone
Corporate Newsrooms – Die organisatorische Grundlage für erfolgreiche Kommunikation
Corporate Newsrooms haben weitreichende Auswirkungen auf die Abteilungen der Unternehmenskommun...
Für die Markenkommunikation global agierender Unternehmen ist es von entscheidender Bedeutung, ...
„Purpose-Driven Transformation“ – GLOBEONE beim Innovationstag 2019 in München
Transformation ist überall dort, wo man hinschaut - die deutsche Wirtschaft befindet sich im Um...